Appreciation and Poo Jokes. Yes, I realize that sounds gross.
June 28, 2011 § Leave a comment
I haven’t posted yet this week because I am currently on vacation with my family. I have done nothing but sit on the porch and stare at the ocean (the beautiful view from our house seen below), read One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell and play with my niece and nephew. The place we are staying at is gorgeous and I am absolutely loving the relaxation time after the craziness that was graduation a few weeks ago.
Also, my family thinks drinking at noon on vacation is acceptable and that poo jokes are still hilarious, so I’m content. One any only downside: the only coffee supplied is decaf. Could someone please explain to me the need for decaf coffee? To me, it’s just as boggling as the size and shape of Donatos pizza slice sizes (I always end up eating 47 of those stupid squares because, like a good American, I’m use to the oversize triangles) and how Carrie Bradshaw affords her extravagant lifestyle on a columns discussing the male sex organ.
The abundance of relaxation and sun have made me realize how lucky I am. Therefore, I have decided to make a list of things in my life that I appreciate. I know you’re all supremely eager to know why I enjoy my life (not) so read on, my adoring fans.
- Catching up with friends when they’re across the country.
- Knowing my mom will always have the best advice.
- Watching The Lion King with my nephew and singing along with all the songs.
- Having the support of my family all through school and now during rampant job searching (SOMEONE HIRE ME).
- Being excited about starting the next chapter of my life, even though that sounds extremely cliché and Carrie Bradshaw-esque.
- Hearing that people enjoy reading my blog!